8921 Katy Freeway Houston, TX 77024
Call 713.932.9589 for immediate emergency care


Attatudie’s mom was out of town for 5 days. When she returned she found the Attatudie on her bed in her own urine and she had noticed weight loss. Attatudie was diagnosed with chronic renal disease and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. She was also told that given the values on Attatudie’s blood work, realistically she may only have weeks to months left. The following are updates from her mom.

April 16, 2011

Hello there. It is Attatudie’s mom just sending you an update and thanking you and your staff once again.

Obviously Attatudie aka Tudie, is a very important part of my life as I do want to report that she is doing well. I have kept her separated from the other cats so I could monitor her intake/output; so far so good.

She is eating, drinking and seems to have regained her “Tudie” spark, so neurologically doing better. In fact she had enough sense to hide under the couch when she heard me lift the lid on her carrier, when I was about to take her to my regular vet for the follow up visit.

Luckily she has survived my IV administration and has been taking her antibiotics without much difficulty.

Truly I do want to express my great gratitude to you and your staff. You were correct when you said that it takes a calling and a gift to do what you all do. I am just thankful that I ended up there with people who so obviously care about what they do and the patients that they take care of on a daily basis.. not just the furry ones, but you all do a great job with the two legged ones that also need your care and compassion.

Hopefully my small donation to your HOPE fund will allow some other pet to receive the care that you provided to Tudie. I miss doing foster care, so I felt it was the least I could do to continue to support efforts that help animals.

I hope to be able to provide you with positive updates regarding her progress.

April 22, 2011

Hello there again I thought I would share an update on Attatudie.

Tude is doing well… I did a follow up with my vet. She is now on daily IVs for a bit… but doing well. Her weight went up about .5 lb.

She is now integrated with my other 4 babies, is eating and drinking well, has very good energy, and loving her new dry/wet NF medicated diet… thank goodness so do all of the rest of them.

I wish you, and your staff and all of your families a very Happy Easter and continued good health.

May 23, 2011

I thought you and your staff might like to see what she looks like  vertical. She seems to be doing very well. It is thanks to you all that I get to see her like this again. This was last week and she looks even better now. The second pic is a bit blurry, thanks to the photographer (me), but seems to capture her essence.

I treasure every day I get to spend with her and know it is thanks to all of you. I know I keep saying this, but truly I cannot thank you enough. I hope none of you ever get tired of hearing that.

June 20, 2011

Hello everyone. I thought I would provide a 2 month check up progress report for Tudie. She has been a very good patient, allowing me to give her fluids on a daily basis (of course she gets a treat afterwards) and the outcome is obvious from her test results.

I want to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and support (of her mother), during her initial recuperation period. While she will require on-going care for her lifetime, she is doing remarkably well.

Dr. Noaker, and her incredible team of emergency staff, were responsible for getting Tudie through her critical care needs. I could not be happier to acknowledge their contribution to this success. I only wish all of you lived in Houston and could take advantage of their services if any of your “children” needed it.

July 29, 2011

It has been a couple of months but I thought I would give you an update on “Tudie”.

Tudie is doing great!! I could not be more pleased. We have our daily fluid ritual down to a routine. Usually around 11:00 or so I get a visit while I am working to let me know it is time for me to give her attention. I go over to the couch and she follows to wait for me to pet her more. Then she lays down and waits for me to start her IV.(she even lays in the right position to make this easy) .. at which point she gets plenty of personal attention through about the first 50 ccs and “treats” through the 2nd 50 ccs so she doesn’t get antsy. The rest of the “crew” anxiously await this time of day and lend their support since they get treats too. LOL. I am not sure who has trained who, but it seems to work for everyone!

I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers as you returned such a precious gift to me. I would love to hear how you all are doing, and what’s new at VERGI.

October 9, 2011

I thought I would give you and update on the “Tudster”. Overall she has been doing well. I had my first trip away from home about a week ago to visit my parents for 7 days. I had my neighbor, who is a registered nurse and also a cat lover, watch her. Unfortunately the little princess had different ideas about someone else being in the house and trying to give her fluids. Luckily Janet was smart enough to just put water in her wet food and she was ok, but has the battle scars to prove she was here.

Apparently the stress (or the dust bunnies under the couch) led to a slight upper resp. infection. I took her to the vet today for some meds for her eye and to have her checked out.

Good news, she is up to 10.98 lbs, her kidney values have all improved. Yippee. Unfortunately she is slightly anemic, which is a new development. For now, I guess the direction is just to watch that and look at meds for that if she declines.

I have been tied up with work so much lately I have not been into the clinic, but still do plan on dropping off a donation.

January 2, 2012

I had a chance to stop by the office today to drop off a few snacks and see the new lobby. Wow, it is beautiful and I can see where you are all going with the updates. I am sure you will enjoy the improved back office area as well when that is complete.

When I mentioned I was “Attatudie’s mom”, one of the tech’s that happened to be in the lobby said, wow, we have been wondering how she is doing. I hope you will pass along this message and let everyone know she is doing well, and definitely better than I ever thought she would be 10+ months ago. In some ways it surprises me that people would remember her, on the other hand she is quite a force of nature. LOL.

She just had blood work done again on Thursday and all her numbers except her BUN were better. Her anemia seems to have also gotten a little better as well which is a relief. She is down a little on her weight, as I had mentioned to you after my unexpected 10 day trip, but her appetite has come back after a B12 shot. I expect all of those numbers to improve by her next check up.

Words can still never express how grateful I am to all of you for all the hard work you do every day, and for all the hard work you put in on Tudie to return her to me. I am sure there are 100s+ people that feel the same way due to your efforts.

I wish everyone a very happy and prosperous 2012. I hope to visit again soon and get to thank more of you in person… today the lobby was a little full and I didn’t want to disturb those that needed your attention.